Who We Are
John Lasley donated the land Lasley is located on. The original building was a log cabin and the first Methodist church in Louisa County. Actual records go back to October 20, 1780 when the first bishop, Francis Asbury, lectured on II Peter, chapter 1, verses 4-9, at “Lesley’s Meeting House” as the church was then called. After the cabin was outgrown a new wooden church was built at the current site. The second building served the community for many years until it was destroyed by fire.