Who We Are
Introduction To the Harbor Missionary Church
Grace Communion International is a communion of members, congregations and ministries located in more than 100 countries and territories. Our mission is to live and share the gospel of Jesus Christ and to help members grow spiritually (Matthew 28:19-20).
Christians are exhorted to “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18). The Spirit of God leads the church into all truth (John 16:13). Accordingly, this Statement of Beliefs is not a closed creed. Grace Communion International constantly renews its commitment to truth and deeper understanding and seeks to respond to God's guidance in its beliefs and practices.
Summary of Our Christian Faith
• There is one God—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• God the Father made all things through the Son, sent the Son for our salvation, and gives us the Holy Spirit.
• The Son of God, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, was born of the virgin Mary, fully God and fully human, and is the perfect revelation of the Father and the perfect representative of humanity. He suffered and died on the cross for all human sin, was raised bodily on the third day, and ascended to heaven. Standing in for all humanity before the Father, Jesus Christ provides the perfect human response to God. Since he died for all, all died in him, and all will be made alive in him.
• The Holy Spirit brings sinners to repentance and faith, assures believers of their forgiveness and acceptance as God’s dearly loved children, and works in them to conform them to the image of Jesus Christ.
• The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God that testifies to Jesus Christ. The Bible is fully authoritative for all matters of faith and salvation.
• Salvation comes only by God’s grace and not by works, and it is experienced through faith in Jesus Christ. Christians respond to the joy of salvation when they gather in regular fellowship and live godly lives in Jesus Christ.
• We look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the age to come.