This year, 2014, Fresh Ponds Chapel of the Gospel Mission Corps is marking its 174th anniversary, having been built in 1840, originally as the Methodist Episcopal Church at Fresh Ponds. It is at 25--27 Old Davidson Mill Road at the intersection of Fresh Ponds Road and Davidson Mill Road in South Brunswick Township. Adjacent to the chapel is the schoolhouse-community hall, the second building on the site where the original Fresh Ponds schoolhouse was built in 1834. Surrounding three sides kif the chapel is the church cemetery. The postal mailing address is P O Box 361, Dayton, NJ 08810--0361. The chapel phone is 732-297-3008, and e-mails may be sent to both: [email protected]
and [email protected]
This church is served by a team of volunteer, non-salaried, dedicated ministers and musicians, with various servants of God as liturgists and preachers as scheduled from week to week. The Gospel Mission Corps is governed by a board of trustees, assisted by an advisory board comprised of interested friends from other nearby congregations. The GMC was previously a part of the American Rescue Workers, an 1884 offshoot from The Salvation Army. It has an affiliated status with the Penn-Jersey District of The Wesleyan Church, and also belongs to the National Association of Evangelicals and the Association of Gospel Rescue Missions, and is represented in the Jamesburg Area Association of Churches, the South Brunswick Area Clergy Association, and the Windsor-Hightstown Area Ministerium.
The church is the people of God, while the chapel is a building in which the church gathers to worship God and witness to the Word of God, proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ / Savior and Messiah, the power of God unto salvation, to trhe Jew first and also to the Gentile. God's salvation is present, full, and free - justification and sanctification by the grace and truth of Yeshua / Jesus our Lord.