Who We Are
May of 1950 was when we began. A group of sixteen committed believers began meeting in order to organize what is now this great church of Jesus Christ. The first meetings were held outdoor underneath an old-fashioned brush arbor on Magnolia Tree Drive.
That same location was where the first church building was constructed. During construction of that first church building, Mrs. Sallie Guillotte donated the use of her home as a meeting place for worship and fellowship. Somewhere between 1950 and 1951, a building fund was established.
The congregation grew so rapidly that worship services were held in the Episcopal church. When the first worship services were held in the new building, it had dirt floors and the pews had been donated by First Baptist Church.
The present building was constructed in 1967. In 1977 the educational building was completed. And in 1996, the Family Life Center was opened.
It is our earnest prayer that God will continue to bless our congregation and guide us as we move into the future.
We invite you to join us as we move ahead for the cause of Christ here on the Coast!
- 09:00am - Sunday School
- 10:00am - Morning Worship Service