Who We Are
The community's population increased from 489 in 1940 to 1,431 in 1970, reflecting the additional use of the Garza-Little Elm Reservoir (now Lewisville Lake), the waters of which covered the original lake. In 1965, after a nine-year legal struggle among its residents, Lake Dallas was finally incorporated. By 1980 its population had grown to 3,177, largely because of the economic growth in the area between Dallas and Denton. The 2010 Census estimated a population of 7,100.