Who We Are
Emmaus is located in Wauseon, OH, a city of 7,300 located in rural northwest Ohio, about 30 miles west of Toledo. Wauseon is the county seat and is known for its exceptional school system and large county fair. The city’s location on Interstate 80 brings thousands of visitors each year, many who attend annual events at the county fairground.
Emmaus Lutheran Church is a member of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. Our congregation began in 1899 with services held near Ottokee. In 1911, we began conducting services in various locations around Wauseon, including members homes, City Hall, and other church buildings. Our first church building was built in 1924 on Fulton St, and still stands there. We moved to our current location at 841 N Shoop Ave in Wauseon after completion of the building in 1964. Our first service was held here on February 2, 1964.
We are grateful—Jesus walks with us along our paths.
We take the Bible seriously, because it is God’s Word and God gives us life through the message of the Bible.
- 08:15am - Creative Worship Service
- 09:30am - Adult Bible Class & Children's Sunday School
- 10:45am - Classic Worship Service