Sunday: 08:30am and 09:45am
Our Weekly Service Times
Wednesday: 11:00am and 06:00pm
444 S. Webster St
Interested in visiting?
Gospel Choir, Traditional Hymns, Contemporary, Praise and Worship, Organ
Traditional Liturgy, Casual, Down to Earth, Old-school, Spirit-filled, Creative, Friendly, Progressive, Inclusive, Charismatic, Historic, Multigenerational, Hand-clapping, Lively, Young families
Children's Ministry, Faith and Work, Young Adults, Choir, Adult Education
Sunday 08:30am: Sunday School
Sunday 09:45am: Worship Service
Wednesday 11:00am: Bible Study - AM Class
Wednesday 06:00pm: Bible Study - PM Class
Rev. Reginald T. Burke, Sr.
Rev. Reginald T. Burke, Sr. is a native of Chicago, IL, the middle child of three to Rev. Henry N. Burke, Jr. and Patricia R. Burke (Both Deceased). Upon marriage in 2002 he and his wife became equally yoked by joining Carter Temple C.M.E. Church under the pastorate of the now Bishop Sylvester Williams, Sr. He graduated from Homewood-Flossmoor H.S. in 1992 and continued his studies at Fisk University in Nashville, TN earning a B.S. in Business Administration in 1996. From there he received his Masters of Art in Teaching from National-Louis University in Chicago, IL in 2005 and recently graduated in May 2013 from Garrett Evangelical Theological Seminary earning a Masters of Divinity. Over the course of 15 years, prior to accepting his call to ministry, he worked mostly as a financial sales representative for numerous banks with a short career in elementary and college education. Rev. Burke is also a proud 22 year member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
• He was called to the ministry at the age of 33 under Bishop Sylvester Williams at Carter Temple CME, Chicago, IL on Easter Sunday of 2007
• He was a local licensed preacher for 2 years
• He was ordained as a Traveling Deacon and admitted on trial to the Annual Conference of the So East MO, IL, WI region of the “Mighty Thriving” Third Episcopal District on July 30, 2010.
• He was ordained as a Traveling Elder and admitted into Full Connection of the CME Church to the Annual Conference of the So East MO, IL, WI region of the Third Episcopal District on July, 2013.
• He served as Senior Pastor of New Hope CME Church in Evanston, IL from 2012-2015
• He currently serves as Senior Pastor of Trinity CME Church in Decatur, IL as of July 2015
He has been married to the love of his life, Trena M. Burke for the last 13 years. They are proud parents of 10-year-old Taylor and fraternal 7-year-old twins Reginald, Jr. and Rachel. Rev. Reginald Burke and his family continue to reside on the South side of Chicago while maintaining dual residence in Decatur, IL.
Rev. Burke has dedicated his life to serving God and simply prays for daily obedience as he and his family provide authentic witness and healing testimony with a sole focus of building the Kingdom of God.
Connect with the Leader