Who We Are
According to E. C. Hallman, "Milford Neck Methodist Episcopal Church, Milford Hundred, has had several names. Sardis Chapel, Wesley Methodist Meeting House, and Thompsonville's Methodist Episcopal Church are all one and the same organization. It was one of the favorite stopping places of the early itinerants. However, the church was not built until 1840. The land was donated by John Wood to Nathaniel Luff, James Hendrickson, Thomas Sipple, John Parson, Isaac Jester, John Taylor, Thomas Smith and James Bell. This plot of land contained two and one quarter acres. They rebuilt the church in 1874."