Who We Are
Holy Comforter was founded in 1903 by the Episcopal Diocese of North Carolina. The church had three locations in the Dilworth area before breaking ground on the current location in 1953.
Since its inception, Holy Comforter has been an active member of the community. The church has supported the founding of other area Episcopal parishes, as well as several outreach and fellowship organizations that provide ongoing service to our city, such as Boy Scout Troop 1 (1917), the Holy Comforter Weekday School (1955), and the Charlotte Loaves and Fishes pantry (1975). Our parish has fully supported the establishment of two area Episcopal schools, as well: Trinity Episcopal and Palisades Episcopal.
Under the leadership of our clergy, the parishioners of Holy Comforter continue to actively engage in ministry, gather in fellowship, and worship in thanksgiving for the abundance of God.