Grace Evangelical Free Church in Davenport, Iowa, is dedicated to helping people become authentic followers of Jesus Christ. Bible inerrancy, sermons applicable for today, and music to help you worship are all offered.
Friendly, Multigenerational, Casual, Down to Earth
Community Service, Children's Ministry, Young Adults, Youth Group, Missions, Nursery
Passionate Reverent, Traditional Hymns, Hillsong-style
What are services like?
We are dedicated to helping people become authentic followers of Jesus Christ through the solid preaching of the Word, sermons that are applicable for today, and music offering both contemporary, choruses, and hymns, to help you worship in the best way possible..
What is the community like?
We are a mixed group of young adults, young married couples, older couples, and seniors. We strive to have a community where we intermingle and fellowship with one another, learning from each other, to growth the body of Christ into a strong, healthy community for God to do His work through.
What if I'm not a Christian?
God loves you and wants you to experience peace and life - abundant and eternal. God created us in His own image to have an abundant life. He did not make us as robots to automatically love and obey Him, but gave us a will and a freedom of choice. We chose to disobey God and go our own willful way. We still make this choice today. This results in separation from God. Through the ages, individuals have tried in many ways to bridge this gap...without success. There is only one remedy for this problem of separation. Jesus Christ is the only answer to this problem. He died on the Cross and rose from the grave, paying the penalty for our sin and bridging the gap between God and people. We must make a choice...We must trust Jesus Christ and receive Him by personal invitation. Are you in sin, rebellion, and separation from God? Or do you have peace, forgiveness, abundant life, and eternal life?
**Is there any good reason why you cannot receive Jesus Christ right now??
How to receive Christ:
1. Admit your need (I am a sinner).
2. Be willing to turn from your sins (repent).
3. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the Cross and rose from the grave.
4. Through prayer, invite Jesus Christ to come in and control your life through the Holy Spirit (receive Him as Lord and Savior).
What to Pray: "Dear Lord Jesus: I know that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness. I believe that You died for my sins. I want to turn from my sins. I now invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as Lord and Savior. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
This is just the beginning! To deepen this relationship, you should:
1. Read your Bible every day to know Christ better.
2. Talk to God in prayer every day.
3. Tell others about Christ.
4. Worship, fellowship, and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached.
5. As Christ's representative in a needy world, demonstrate your new life by your love and concern for others.