Who We Are
The Church of the Epiphany was founded in 1956, initially as a mission from the Church of the Ascension in Hickory. Epiphany is a congregation especially blessed with a love of music and a call to service in the community, such as through The Corner Table, Safe Harbor, ECCCM, and other local ministries.
The word “Epiphany” means “manifestation” and comes from the holiday that is observed on January 6 called The Epiphany, which commemorates the visit of the wise men to the Holy Family in Bethlehem. The holiday reminds us of the early revealing of Jesus to the peoples of the earth--no matter how far away or different. With such a namesake, the members of the Church of the Epiphany are constantly reminded of the large embrace of God for all different kinds of people, which was of the essence of Jesus’ ministry and the ongoing work of the Holy Spirit in our world today.