Chapel of the Transfiguration
Who We Are
The rustic Episcopal Chapel of the Transfiguration, constructed in 1925, held the first services on July 26 of that year. Prior to its construction, worshipers traveled 12 miles over rough roads to the town of Jackson. Today, that is just a short car ride away, but in the 1920’s roads were rough and automobiles rare. Once fully constructed, the Chapel of the Transfiguration served to provide spiritual refreshment to dude ranchers and tourists that flocked to the chapel every Sunday to worship and gather as a community. Today, the Chapel continues to draw people, and services are held every Sunday during the summer.