Who We Are
Pastor Paul, his wife Karen, and daughter Kelly moved to New Jersey in 1985 to plant a new Assemblies of God church in Delran. Working in cooperation with the New Jersey District Assemblies of God, they started Calvary Temple in October of that year. Under their leadership the church has steadily grown numerically and spiritually. The church began in a funeral home, moved from there to a school and finally to a mall before completing the first phase building the church now calls home.
WHAT TO EXPECT
First. Relax… you’re among friends.
When you enter, if you arrive before 11am, you can head back to Connection Cafe for some pre-service bagels, coffee, and pastries.
Then you can make your way to service to worship with music that spans many generations. This will be followed by a message of Truth straight from the Bible.
The best part is that it isn’t over after Sunday. We have many opportunities for you to get plugged into through out the week. Including ministry for all ages on Wednesday Nights, LIFEgroups and events!
OUR CORE VALUES
Actively receive the Holy Spirit’s presence, leading and power
Graciously serve others in practical ways
Faithfully practice Biblical teaching in everyday life and relationships
Humbly lead others to Christ-like living and ministry
1. To see every attending believer of Calvary Church receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit and walk in His empowering Presence.
2. To engage the people of Delran and it’s surrounding communities in grace-filled, loving, practical, service-oriented interactions, activities, events and ministries.
3. To make an effective presentation of the good news of LIFE in Christ to every man, women, young person and child living within a fifteen minute radius of Calvary Church with an opportunity to respond and believe.
4. To provide the loving-nurturing environments and ministries needed for individuals to get involved in ministry, grow to Christ-like maturity and become reproducing followers of Christ.
5. To provide the spiritual and practical support needed by missionaries and other ministries to help people around the world experience LIFE in Christ.