Normandie Avenue Seventh-day Adventist Church
Who We Are
The 205-member Normandie Avenue Seventh-day Adventist Church is one of the premiere worship centers of south Los Angeles’ Athens/Wadsworth area and one of many Adventist churches in the greater Los Angeles area.
Organized in 1914, the congregation started in the Watts area thanks to the work of Amy Temple who gave Bible Studies to Seymore Webb and his family. The church grew and moved to the 111th Street location. During Elder P.B. Bontemps’ pastorate the church moved to their Compton Ave. location. In 1966, we moved to the present location and became the Normandie Avenue Church.
As a worldwide movement, Seventh-day Adventists believe the whole Bible to be God's inspired Word. There, eternal life is freely offered to all believers in Jesus Christ. In loving response to this salvation, we worship on the seventh-day Sabbath. Willingly we extend Christ's Lordship to all areas of life, including personal finance, recreation, and healthful living. With joy we also anticipate Jesus' soon return to this planet to resurrect and receive His family of believers.
The Normandie Avenue Church is committed to humanitarian service, to Christian education, to sharing the gospel freely with all men and women, and offering Christian fellowship to all.
The mission of the Normandie Avenue Seventh-day Adventist Church is:
To use our God given gifts and talents to empower our community through love to become disciples of Jesus Christ.
...we have known and believed the love that God hath to us.
God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God and God in us.
1 John 4:16