Who We Are
The work of the episcopal church began in Fajardo in 1911 with the Rev. W. P. Hendricks who provided services for the English speaking employees of the Fajardo Sugar Co. With his wife Laura Virginia Hendricks the Anglican seed was planted among the local people. Services were initially offered in facilities provided by the Fajardo Sugar Co., later on in the US Customs facilities and in family homes. Such was the case of the Lightbourn family, whose home was used for services between 1923 and 1962. In 1962 the current facilities was built and the name Church of The Good Shepherd (Iglesia de El Buen Pastor) was chosen by the English and Spanish communities. Today this small welcoming family church maintain a strong commitment to service those seeking a place to praise God and serve others.